Gemini Consultants Ltd specialises in third party loan, mortgage and debt collection administration utilising third party and in-house developed software systems.
We are seeking a highly motivated, technically skilled and innovative individual to manage our Information Systems Department. You will be responsible for the modernisation of our existing software and communications infrastructure. You will manage a small team of developers and will be responsible for the design and implementation of multiple software, communications and network projects.
You should be a competent and experienced designer/programmer with development and management experience ideally in multiple programming languages and environments. Experience in working with financial software is also an advantage.
We offer a challenging job, an excellent salary and good prospects for advancement.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of our small team of Developers, Software Support and Communications/Network staff
- Managing and devising enhancements to modernise our existing in-house software and communications infrastructures
- Researching and implementing software, communication and network solutions to support our business requirements
- Ensuring software enhancements and implementations are delivered as required within agreed time-scales
- Guaranteeing the smooth running of all IT systems
- The management and development of IT staff, including, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies
- Writing and implementing scripts and code on an ad-hoc basis
Your existing experience will be:
- Minimum 5 years which includes some Software Development, IT Project Management and Staff Management
- Knowledge of networking and communication systems
- Degree in an IT or Business discipline is an advantage
- Knowledge of working with financial software is an advantage
Your technical skills will include:
- Multiple programming languages eg. Java, C, VB6, VB.net, C#, XML, SQL Server
- Applications including Word and excel
- Database Management Systems (DBMS)
- Networking and communication systems e.g. TCP/IP, cloud technologies, J2EE, web services
You should have the following attributes:
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills
- Lateral thinker
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Thirst for Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Capability to work both individually and as part of a team
For further details email your CV to email@example.com